Monday 7 April 2014

Egg Carton Craft

Pinterest is lovely. So many cute things. We found some inspiration to paint egg cartons and had fun doing it. 



Gathered all our egg cartons, the ones without the holes are rare but I was able to get my hands on one of them.



We gave the cartons a base coat of white, it took about 3 coats to cover all of the writing.



I found these circle sponge brushes at Walmart and they work great for polka dots. They came in three different sizes and washed up good as well so will be able to use these again. I also used q-tips for the real smaller circles




Picked our paint colors and then just stamped. 

I tired some chevron strips on one of my cartons but it didn't turn out as well as the polka dots. 





This Easter sign I purchased from Hobby Lobby years ago gets a new layer of paint every year. Last year I painted it white and did a newspaper technique on it but I could still see the original colors of pink and green so out came the mint paint this year and I brushed a few strokes over it and there we have it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment