Wednesday 26 March 2014

Easter Decor

I am wondering when the trend of mint will be out, for now its totally in and totally all over my house and closet. 

Funny story: while in Florida we headed to a car show downtown as we started following eachother down the street we noticed we were all wearing teal coloured shirts, looking like a bad staged family photo. People started commenting cute your all matching, oh you must like that color. Yada Yada. Was totally embarrassing, I said to Aaron the next person who says something Im going to say were not even together. 




Aaron's dad thought it would be funny if we posed infront of this matching car. People walking past as we stood there had a nice laugh. Moral of the story shop for different coloured shirts, and always look at eachother before you head out of the house.

Back to the Easter Decor

I had a vision of a tall mint colored Easter Tree with brown bag easter eggs, you can buy Easter tree's at the store but thought I could make one for far cheaper. I trimmed some branches off my mom's hedge bush your welcome mom your hedge has been trimmed and spray painted them.





Used a vase I had around the house and filled the bottom with white tissue paper. 

The whole thing was pretty simple I got these small white stryofoam eggs from Dollerama and just stuck them right into the sticks. 





I only decorated the front table of our house so its not to overwhelming like Christmas decorations can be. I put some extra eggs in some white dishes and made a small Hoppy Easter sign!






Mallory and I made these cute paint chip egg shaped banners last year, but do you think I can find it! It's in one of those safe place places, and will find it sometime in May I am sure. 




Eli and I have been doing lots of Easter crafts. We made easter eggs with washi tape. I also find a lot of free printable pictures on google or pinterest for him to color. 





Mallory and I plan to do a fun craft with egg cartons will keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment