Monday 3 February 2014

My First Mixed Media Canvas

I am not much of a painter mostly because I end wearing most of the paint, so I try to avoid painting projects but I love these multi layer paintings so I thought I could tackle one myself, and I am happy with how it turned out. 




I started with a 12x12 white canvas some sheet music and scrapbooking letters. 
I stuck on the letters to spell out my blog name you will notice I am missing an S on things, well I ran out of letters so I had to re-use the S and then forgot! but it turned out anyway





I used Modge Podge to stick on the music in the corners and then just went to town with the paint. I picked the main colors I wanted to use and used both spray paint and acrylic paint. I dribbled a few different paint drops on the canvas and used some washi tape in the corners where the paper was lifting and then sprayed the whole canvas in teal, and let it dry. 




I used stencils, straws, paper towel, paint brushes and ink pads and just kept going over and over the sections using different techniques. I liked the paper towel blotting the best and the stencils worked nice to create the circle patterns.



After each layer of painting I let it dry, and then kept coming back to it and trying new paint colors and patterns.




I really like how it turned out and hope to make another one soon! 






No comments:

Post a Comment