Monday 20 January 2014

Meal Planning + Recipe

I started meal planning after weeks and weeks of tossing out food in the fridge that we never even opened or used. Such a waste. I also dreaded looking at the clock at 3:00 and thinking oh great what am I going to make for supper. I now know and can even prepare earlier in the day.

First off I made a list of all the meals that we enjoy. Broke down into categories


Beef
Chicken
Pork
Sides

I came up with about 60 meals. Then used a calendar to write in each day what we would have choosing from different categories so we weren't having beef dishes for three weeks straight. Every two weeks I leave 2 days with no meal, incase we decide to go out for supper or have plans during the week and we won't be home. 







I find it so easy to make a grocery list head to store and actually get what we are going to eat that week instead of making decisions of what we may or may not eat while browsing the shelves at the store. We are saving money and not wasting nearly as much food. Plus we don't have a ton of variety in our fridge so it makes for less food thrown out. It is working really well. 

Here are a few of the meals on our meal list and below a recipe for one of our favourite lunches! 


Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice
Breaded Chicken Sandwich w/ Roasted Cauliflower
Crunchy Onion Chicken Breasts w/ Asparagus
Spagetti and Jumbo Shrimp
Ham and Cheese Crescents
Taco Salad
Chicken Cibatta's
Salmon with Tortiliini 


Clubhouse Sandwich

I had never had a Clubhouse sandwich till ordering one in Florida last year. I fell in love and probably make them for lunch once sometimes twice a week!




What you need:

Turkey Deli Meat 
Bacon
Mayo
Romaine Lettuce
3 Toasted pieces of bread




Super simple to make, and I can't seem to find the picture of the sandwich finished! So you will just have to use your imagination, but it was delish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment